Monday, September 26

#1070 Pynes Hill - Stix & Speedy - 25 Sept 2022

Speedy and I were laying and we wanted to give the longs a real test on the first 'half' of the trail so as to give the shorts a 'good head' start.  (Head, who said head...).  Anyway it took us far too long to lay that part of the trail, and we ended up getting to the sweetie and beer stop only at 10.50.  So with a 15 minute run back home from there, we didn't start on time!

Not helped by some rather unfriendly locals around Kings Heath: "Excuse me mate, what are you doing?", "Laying a trail for some runners.  Errm, what did you think I was doing?" (which I thought was a sensible question given I was in trainers and running gear, and he was the one following me with a camera!). He replied "I'm worried about the dogs", and I replied "I haven't got a dog!".  I'm not sure he appreciated my reply.

Just round the corner, another group of locals sweeping up the poison I'd laid on the first loop, sorry I mean flour.  "Morning" I said with a smile. "It's not very responsible is it?". They had met Speedy by this point and taken photos of him, and he'd assured them it was flour. "OK so do you mind if I put a couple of marks down now that you know it's just flour", "No not really" she replied. Anyway I put a mark down under the next bush.  Loved the way that XBitz and others were shouting "Anyone know where the trail goes, sometimes swept up the marks". Of course we all know how difficult it is to sweep up marks... So the pack knew which way to go... But I stuck an extra big pile down anyway.

At the beer stop, which was at the Chiefs Bar outside of the ground, I spotted the Chiefs chairman, Tony Rowe, approaching. Of course, he's a personal friend of Woodpecker (who isn't?), and they stopped to have a chat! 

Great to see a decent pack of city of Exeter hashers out again, including some of the D's, That's Crap and She's Ready, as well as Mr Woodpecker himself. Note we're just need some hares to volunteer! Thanks to Howlin' Wilf agreeing to lay next week, venue to be announced.

And don't forget to rate this week's hash https://cityofexeterhhh.blogspot.com/p/rate-hash_3.html?m=1