Sunday, March 19

#1096 Haldon Belvedere - Wide Receiver - 19 March 2023

Words by Bollards this week.
The usual car park Tetris was required at Haldon Belvedere. Sensible hashers found a spot in the sun to keep warm prior to the circle.
Wide admitted that it wasn't a particularly long trail but very little devastation at the revelation was apparent. There were 2 long short splits and a shortcut for walkers so everyone was catered for.
The trail began with a quick loop round the Belvedere followed by some messing around in the woods. I found, what I thought to be, the home trail but it turned out it wasn't as we came back along the road. It could have been my eyes, or more likely, my terrible sense of direction that lead me astray.
It was very muddy in places. The later-named Tinkle-toes lost both shoes at one point and was not amused! But apparently she didn't need to water the trees after all, despite lamentations to the contrary. 
Licorice, pandas and Lidl's finest high protein sweets were consumed at the sweetie stop. The second half of the trail saw the longs heading up, over,  down and around, eventually catching up with the shorts and walkers at the end. 
I enjoyed it. Quick and dirty. Just over 2 miles on the long but it felt like I'd done about 5 because of the terrain.
Next week is Brillo's trail from Cowick Barton playing fields, St Thomas.