Sunday, November 12

#1130 - Liverton - Hotlips & Zoot - 12 Nov 2023

As I laced up my running shoes and put my gaiter on , I couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation in the air.

It's always hard starting a circle when our first thing to do was pay our respects with a 2 minutes silence for the fallen in all wars. 

11 of us gathered in a tight circle and received instructions from our hair is Zoot and Hotlips. 5 miles for the lungs and about three for the shorts, and it will be very beautiful. 

The sky was overcast, and as we began our hash, it started raining, with raindrops slowly gaining intensity, tapping against the leaves and creating a soothing rhythm. It was a perfect day for a run in the beautiful woodland around Rora house, where the trees were ablaze with the fiery hues of autumn. The crimson, gold, and auburn leaves seemed to shimmer in the soft, muted light, casting a warm and inviting glow over the trail. Speedy and I had a conversation about the Christian retreat. We were soon joined with Bollards and Stix.

The path ahead was punctuated by large puddles, evidence of the recent rain shower. My heart quickened with excitement as I approached one of these muddy obstacles. With a leap and a splash, I bounded through the puddle, relishing the sensation of water and mud splattering around me. The earthy scent of wet soil and decaying leaves filled the air, heightening my connection to nature. I enjoyed running with Blue, Bell toll's dog.

As I continued my run, I encountered a few rolling hills, nothing too massive, but enough to provide a satisfying challenge. The ascent was demanding, but the reward came when I reached the summit, where I could take in the breathtaking vista of the autumn woodland below. It was a moment of pure serenity and appreciation for the natural beauty that surrounded me. The rhythmic pitter-patter of raindrops on my skin and the vibrant colours of the forest in its autumn glory, all while it started raining, made this run a truly unforgettable experience.

After the Hash we were back to the Star. Tight, joined us, and we had a lovely roast dinners and conversations.


Wide

Next week's trail is at Blackborough Woods, joint trail with Taunton